Where is the lulz ?

Questions and suggestions about PPI, site and community, goes here.

Moderator: NoEwS

Where is the lulz ?

Postby YvesQuemener » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:13 pm

The pirate party was founded as a joke in Sweden, and for the joke, many people voted for them. Now they have two MPs and continue to jokingly poke at political loopholes by hosting the Pirate Bay from the Sweden Parliament. All of that for the lulz.

When the seeds of the party spread to other countries, it almost feels like it lost its humorous and provocative nature. Do we really want to bury the lolcats and the hackers jokes under the seriousness of politics and compromise ?

I wonder if there would be a way to be less serious about all this. Sure we take care of serious issues : censorship, privacy, etc... But do we really have to be another boring face making speeches about freedom of democracy ? Is the message less heard when we put a smiley face on (or a V for Vendetta mask) ?

I really would love the PP to be a political movement that takes it core issues seriously but who also knows to joke about it. I mean it is called the pirate party for heaven's sake ! If we speak seriously we will have less credibility than if we have a joking attitude !
YvesQuemener

Re: Where is the lulz ?

Postby C3n5oRtHi5 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:50 pm

You're KIDDING right?!?!

Politicians with a sense of humour... that'll be the day. Prolly looks like a pig with wings.
However, the old adage of "can't beat 'em join 'em" comes to mind - "pirate in politicians clothing"... if Robin Hood had taken that tack he may have gone on to become the Sheriff of Nottingham, imagine the GOOD he could have done then with the keys to the "Federal Reserve" you think he might have had more success feeding the 99% then???

Food for thought...
Better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees! - Anon.
C3n5oRtHi5

Return to PPI